I AM PR Vlog – Dont Sabotage Your Own Success – @IAMPRAgency
When you start a new pr campaign, in my eyes, it’s the opportunity for you to start brand new.
A big mistake a lot of businesses make is to rely on their past glory.
They rely on the same formula to work over and over again- As long as it works great but if you haven’t moved forward in the last 4-5 years, you should start asking yourself some questions.
When a new client hires me, he/she also hires my expertise-
So I’m always surprised when a new client hires me, and wants me to run things unsuccessfully.
1. The client never answers emails, phone calls, and doesn’t submit press materials on time- As a result the campaign moves slowly or not at all- The client then realizes his mistake, and blames the team for not reading his mind.
2. The client wants to be interviewed by blogs, but never respect the blogs’ deadlines
3. The client rushes his campaign, and expect significant results to happen in very little time.
All these case scenarios are unproductive, and a waste of time, and resources.
Let the publicist give you her perspective, run things smoothly, and get you where you need to be. Fighting your own team makes no sense, and honestly if the publicist already has to fight the press to get you placements, she sure doesn’t want to fight you too.
Essentially, we all know that doing business is tough. Finding the right team is tough. But when you do, don’t sabotage your career before it has even started.
It’s normal to have doubts; to be uncertain as you go through a dark time in your career where you don’t know how long it will take before things really take off. Just because you are stressed out, just know that stressing out your publicist does you a disservice.
As a publicist, I love answering questions from my clients, and help them figure things out.
But here’s a more productive way to get the answers your really want:
1. Ask the right questions
2. Be a team player- and play your position
3. Work with your team not against
Follow these 3 steps, and your experience will be taken to a whole another level, instead of being a stressful one.