Rani Gaddy Talks EllaEmmaPea, A Girl & Her Hip Hop & More!
1) Introduce yourself
I’m Rani Gaddy from Fairmont, North Carolina. It’s a small town that homes my somewhat over active imagination. I also am the owner of EllaEmmaPea Media, my up and coming production company that produces videos and blogs like “A Girl and Her Hip Hop” and my work in progress “Style By Practical”, located at stylebypractical.tumblr.com
2) Why did you create EllaEmmaPea Media and how did you come up with the name?
EllaEmmaPea Media was created as a central base for my video production, varies blogs and other entertainment ventures.
3) What sets you apart from other bloggers?
My passion, determination and work ethnic instilled in me during my time in the US Navy.
4) What project are you currently working on?
Right now I’m working on Style By Practical, a fashion blog that will feature looks created by me and quotes from fashion and movie icons. I’m also looking at changing “A Girl and Her Hip Hop” into a more user friendly website.
5) What is the philosophy by which you live by?
Live and let live.
6) Which writers/bloggers have inspired you to pursue blogging?
Nikki Giovanni was the first writer I’ve ever seen in person. After I saw her I became inspired to write more of my thoughts down.
7) Who does most of the blogging on your site?
I do the blogging on my sites. The music comes from representatives of the different artist featured on my “A Girl and Her Hip Hop”.
9) If you could change one thing about the music industry what would it be and why?
I guess the grimy way some people do business, but then again life is a rat race. If one is going to do business, one must expect unfairness and things of this nature. You must be able to get back up and keep going. A lesson I’m still learning. I’m blessed, I haven’t experienced these things.
10) Are there any rappers that you would like to interview in the future?
I’m from North Carolina, so I’m keeping it home state by saying J. Cole.
11) What producer would you like to interview in the future?
Staying in North Carolina once again, 9th Wonder.
12) What is your favorite movie and favorite book?
I going to show the romantic said and classic said of me by saying The Philadelphia Story is my favorite movie and I’m keeping it classic with The Coldest Winter Ever.
13) What is your favorite part of blogging? How has It evolved?
I love getting the exclusive music and sharing my opinion on them. At first I had few opportunities to network , but now that I’ve committed on a name, customized the appearance and URL of “A Girl and Her Hip Hop”, my opportunities to network have become greater.
14) Any final words for the people